Financial education workshops educate families and individuals on mainstream financial tools, their rights as consumers, and resources that help them build and sustain their assets and wealth. Workshops are provided in English and Spanish. Topics include:
- Introduction to banking products and services
- Benefits of a checking account
- Borrowing basics: Introduction To Credit
- Budgeting: How to Keep Track Of Your Money
- Credit issues and solutions
- Establishing a savings plan
- Understanding consumer installment loans
- Using Credit Cards Wisely
- Your Rights As A Consumer
One-on-one financial counseling provides participants with an in-depth view of their personal finances. Counselors work with each client to develop and implement an action plan that helps them reach their financial goals. We aim to help participants establish or improve their credit, develop and implement a budget, establish their savings, and provide resources that help them build and sustain their assets and wealth.
ELACC’s financial products and services are wealth-building measures that seek to directly increase the community’s assets and savings in a way that complement our financial education.
- Our VITA program, launched in 2008, provides free tax preparation for low-income clients, putting money directly into client’s pockets by helping them save on tax preparation fees and ensuring that they receive the tax refunds they are entitled to.
- Our Lanzate! program incentivizes clients to open their first savings account in a bank by receiving an interest rate of up to 20% for saving a minimum monthly amount.